Thursday 7 July 2011

Three and Four

My third happiness of the day was eating my slice of pie in a sheltered nook on the seafront. There was a strong breeze, scudding clouds in the sky and bursts of high tide spray on the sea wall but the sun shone warmly on me for the duration. I read a new letter from my new penfriend I'd picked up on the way out. He seems an intelligent and interesting chap with a sense of humour and a kind word to share. If he weren't where he is you wouldn't guess from his correspondence. Of course, it might all be made up...but so might this! It felt like a good trip altogether...I had a little chat with people in the shops and offices I went to and with an elderly lady I sometimes meet going up or down the hill. She always looks astonished someone would stop and speak to her. I like to say hello to people, exchange a greeting or at least a smile.

My fourth is that I have a whole day tomorrow when I don't have to be anywhere or do anything in particular at any particular time. Too much of that can be a bad thing...too much solitude rattling around in your own head but sometimes it can be very nice indeed, restorative and recharging!

Not decided on a fifth yet, a few things spring to mind but I might find something even better yet, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics