Tuesday 26 July 2011

Every last drop

Talking about coach trips reminded me of a free one I 'won' a few years back. There's always a catch isn't there? In this case you had to either pay a single supplement or pay to take a companion...or share rooms with a stranger! Luckily I managed to persuade a work colleague to come with me and enjoy a mini tour of France, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy and Germany...all in less than a week! We were quite rebellious I remember and declined some of the guided tours and pre booked meals and wandered about on our own a bit which suited us better. We even had a Macdonald's in Venice as she was fed up with foreign food!

I picked up a brochure of our local tour company and they do do some mini breaks but Monday to Friday mostly which is awkward with my weekly medical maintenance sessions. Oh well, we'll see...the feeling of capability may run out before I think of something extra special to do with it. After acupuncture today I got the ferry across the river to the very different little town on the opposite bank. Just had an ice cream and sat on the sand watching the astonishing array of water craft crowding around the mouth of the river, motor boats of all sizes, rowing boats, canoes and kayaks of various sorts, speed boats and jet skis and yachts, even a paddle boarder...plus swimmers and fishermen to add to the mix, hardly a spare bit of water to be found! And hardly a spare bit of energy now...Will it be back again tomorrow? I have no way to tell...

So my third gratitude of the day is for having somewhere so different to visit just a few minutes across the water. And my fourth for comforting hugs from Rachel and Laura and a sense of a virual one from Lynn. And my fifth for hydrangeas...they are looking so beautiful just now. For some reason I tend to get their name mixed up with rhododendrons' though I'm perfectly aware it's a different plant and which is which. I've been making the mistake since I was about eight and learnt their names...or didn't you could say!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, i hope you are feeling ok today.x
    Thinking about coach trips, what about starting off with day coach trips, we have loads in the local paper days out here there and everywhere, maybe you have in your area too.
    The days out are quite varied so i am sure some thing will be just right to start off.
    Going to pick up some shells later at Dungeness.... my favorite place in the whole world.xxxx
    Love Debbie.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics