Thursday 14 July 2011

Echoes...

The first thing I'm giving thanks for today is those times when you glimpse the interconnectedness. Listening to a Torchwood story on the radio yesterday and Captain Jack declaring his love (at last) for the re-dying Ianto...hearing Eddie Izzard at the end of the documentary film I was watching saying he supposed he felt deep down if he kept doing more things his mother would 'come back'. If you're wondering what these are connected to read yesterday's posts... NB. I also updated my Facebook status if you've wondered about that. I asked if there was anything I could help other people with! It'll still probably make some of them feel bad but a) there's not really much more I can do about that and b) some good might come out of it...somebody might ask for my help or offer theirs.

The second is for the mysterious miracle (our is it a miraculous mystery?) of complete strangers reading, enjoying and commenting favourably on my blog. I suppose, logically, if people I've known in 'real life' were interested in my musings they'd be in 'real life' communication with me but I only know of two I've met and still do, who know of this and read it. A round of applause for the fortitude of Rachel and Ivor...!(clap, clap, clap, clap, clap) If there are more...reveal yourselves, don't be shy, it can't be worse than AA or WW and I know there are one or two who have stood up to be counted or weighed in public there!

But that people I don't know find something worth reading and inspiring in these pages is totally brilliant...and of course what it's all about. Some of you I've exchanged a few messages with elsewhere but I've been writing this only about as long as that started and that's where you heard of this... For others, you just found yourselves here somehow and stayed. Welcome! Make yourselves at home...what can I bring for you? Originally I thought...if I wrote about five things I was grateful for each day and five people read about those things and were encouraged to think of five good thoughts by my words then that was happiness squared (I'd love to be able to put a little 2 in the top right next to the word happiness but this is the keyboard that can't do Spanish or sums!) but we seem to be heading into the regions of greater returns on the investment, wider reverberations of heart waves from the words and that is something we can all be grateful for...

Lastly...for a while I worked in a call centre that dealt with faults on people's phone lines. The computer systems did a lot of the work for us but we were supposed to add a few explanatory notes regarding the calls we took and could read the previous advisor's ones too. I went into some fault notes one day that said 'Customer has an echo...echo...echo...on the line'. Brilliant...well done that person for adding a smile to that day and to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics