Sunday 10 July 2011

Small things

Today I got in touch with my inner hobbit and had second breakfast! I've always had a big appetite for a small person and now I'm so much less mobile I've been getting less small. It's easy for someone with cancer to think any health problem is 'it'. But in all honesty, loss of apetetite in me is probably my body gently reminding me I don't actually need 2000+ calories a day any more! Still it's nice to be peckish again and a slice of mixed grain toast and home made marmalade can probably be doubled without danger of imminent obesity.

It's not widely publicised but one of the last easily accessible places where hobbits and humans mingled freely was on of the Isles of Scilly. There's a shortage of trees there so their domestic architecture had to adapt to the surroundings...


...one or two still remain, in plain sight but easily overlooked by taller passers by.

I've just read Carole's comment elsewhere suggesting that, in order enjoy breakfast in bed, I needed to move my bed into the kitchen. It reminded me that I did in fact live for a few months a few years ago in a bedsit so tiny I could open the fridge door whist lying on my futon. As long as I only wanted yoghurt breakfast in bed was as easy as...um...yoghurt.

So far today then I'm grateful for appetite and hobbits and the Scilly Isles and being observant and not living in a tiny place. Wow, this is getting easy isn't it? ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. I love making breakfast for people but i dont like eating it...
    When i worked in the old peoples home it was the best thing seeing their faces when you made them their favorite...
    I miss being with old people.
    Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics