Sunday 3 July 2011

Gratitude (Parts 4 & 5)

For the home alone against their will Sundays can be the longest day of the decade, especially sunny ones. I don't think I'll ever get the hang of wishing someone would wake up and think it would be good to see me today or thinking of the people I think it would be good to see! This one has not been all horrid though and I must think of what was good to make it better.

There was astonishing hour or so when I felt pretty well. This is my fourth gratitude for today...may there be more to come, but if not I'll savour the memory of this one for a while. Even more miraculously it coincided with a quiet time in the communal gardens so I put on shorts and made a flask of tea and baked myself for a while. I talked to a boy throwing a stick for a dog, I talked to the dog. I read a few pages of my book and marvelled at the delicious experience of not feeling a total invalid (both pronunciations and meanings ha, ha!) for a while. When I got back I still felt OK so had some lunch...salad and jacket potato with cottage cheese and chutney (yum, yum!) and did some knitting and watched tennis until I had to lie down and wimp out again.

And then after a couple of hours of feeling bad and sad, stuck on the sofa and stuck in my head I found a wonderful documentary I'd recorded about an Icelandic photographer full of amazing pictures and stories of the people he'd met and the places he'd loved there and am loving watching it and lost in awe and delight! Just paused to tell you, even though you're not here...finding this forms my fifth gratitude of the day...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good day.
    I really think you are a lovely lady, the people who dont pay you any thought are the losers in all of this.
    Thinking of you far away, Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics