Monday 11 July 2011

Unsuitable behaviour

Well, I made it to the beach, just before the tide came in and hid it!

I had no idea how feeble I was until I got outdoors. Sometimes you have more energy doing something nice instead of boring chores and I was sure I'd be skipping along when I got near the sea but I felt absolutely exhausted and only moved from place to place if I needed a cuppa or the loo or not to drown etc. Every time I sat down I felt not so much settled as stuck and I thought like Aschenbach in Death in Venice I might just stay there for ever gazing into the haze. Not that there were any beautiful androgynous young men in stripey cozzies, well not that I saw anyway! Neither were there any dolphins to be seen though I looked and looked and looked.

The guy at the cafe was having a look too. I said it would have been a nice day for them...no jet skis etc and he said the other day they came across the bay and there were people on jet skis in the middle and the dolphins went to have a play with them. He said the customers kept saying 'They shouldn't be doing that!' and he kept having to explain it was the dolphins idea! So for 3)let's hear it for rebel dolphins eh? For risk taking, thrill seeking dolphins who do what they shouldn't now and then.

There was a packet from me from the hospital on the hall table when I got downstairs on the way out, well a large envelope with a little lump in it. I didn't think it was appropriate to take it with me but didn't have the energy to take it back up all the flights of stairs so left it where it was and when I got back my evil neighbour had opened it (to see if it was worth stealing) and rendered it unsterile. I know this is not the place to moan and but I've tried telling the police, her landlord, the council and my MP all to no avail so I thought I'd ask you all to combine your cosmic powers and make this behaviour STOP! Thank you!!!

You can see I have a very subjective take on what's unsuitable beahviour. Don't we all?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angelinthemaking, my mother used to open my post when I was 19, nurse training, and out all day. I sent myself a letter with a note inside saying 'nosey old cow', she stopped steaming them open after that! My suggestion,(because I don't think a lumpy not would work) get your DIY person to fit you a lockable metal post box fitted to a space on the wall near the front door, and ask the postman to use it. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldnt it be nice if you sent yourself a yucky Letter, maybe dog poo ! and see if she opens any more after that... Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics