Friday 8 July 2011

Crafty piece of work

My fifth gratitude of the day is that, astonishingly, despite what seems to have been mostly inactivity I seem to have got quite a lot done...even ironing and cleaning the loo! Yes, I know...it's hard to believe...but all you have to do is keep travelling back in time until you're finished!

I've also unpicked the first eighteen inches or so of the Oxfam blanket edging as it wasn't looking right in rib. It's moss stitch now and looks much better. And experimentally sewn a couple of leaves on my tree as I wasn't sure of the best way to do it. I'll decide for sure in daylight.

The trick now (and one I rarely master) is winding down and relaxing properly without actually falling asleep. This is when company would be good...or even a virtual conversation. I know...I'll go back in time to when these things we're not quite so very rare.

PS...Pat and Lyn, when you're ready try again!

2 comments:

  1. Well here goes,,,Again, I won't waffle on too much in case you don't get this message, but if you do, well....WooHoo, ther'll be more to come,
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel this is my 4th try on the tree of life!
    Exquisite workmanship, looking forward to seeing the finished piece. Myself! started a tablecloth 36" X 36" willow pattern in all corners, cost 7/6 in old money, 3 corners done. Angel you inspire me, it could be finished by xmas not saying which yr. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics