Wednesday 27 July 2011

TV test

Have been feeling several sorts of rough today, none of which appear obviously related to getting out and about in recent times. Gave the symptoms the 'doing something to distract you' treatment which seemed to make them worse so I moved on to the daytime TV test and have decided they are probably reactions to the antibiotics I'm taking... If you're properly well or seriously ill watching scheduled TV in the day has little appeal but if you're middling poorly it can seem just right...not too boring, or too lively and loud. It doesn't strain your eyes like a up close screen or your brain like a book, and you can fall asleep and it doesn't matter! In fact the fact that it often turns into nap is probably makes it even more therapeutic. So for my third gratitude of the day I give thanks for daytime TV. We didn't used to have it and we tend not to appreciate it now we do but it does serve a purpose sometimes.

Fourthly I'm grateful for the things I'd recorded in livelier times...especially amazing (and delightfully Northern English) illusionist Dynamo. And thank you to Clive for telling me about him! And for all the episodes of CSI I never got to watch before. I couldn't regularly get reception of anything but the basic terrestrial channels til the digital switch but knew it was something I was missing that I'd enjoy...Now I still have shedloads to catch up on and there's at least one episode on somewhere every day!

And lastly I give thanks for ironing a clean sheet to put on my bed after spilling my morning tea on the previous one. I know the stain wasn't smelly or sticky or even unsightly most of the time but I'd have seen it before I lay down for the night and felt uncared for, and now I won't. Do unto yourself as you would have others do to you...

3 comments:

  1. Glad you have had a good day, thinking of you, love Debbie.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, I am with you on csi, used to watch it Tuesday nights after Holby city, but even more with you on clean sheets, egyptian cotton 200 thread fitted bottom and matching quilt cover, have 3 sets, sliding naked between those on warm nights sheer bliss! I have a cat that nudges me sometimes when drinking herbal infusion with manuka honey last thing at night. Causes a lot of washing sometimes that cat! Ironing them can be a bit of a pain, but well worth the effort. Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased to say Tuesday night has a purpose now, Horatio's back!!!
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics