Friday 29 July 2011

Morning nap

Well, it's 10.45...I woke up about three hours ago and have been getting steadily sleepier ever since. If it weren't for the neighbourhood drummer's intermittent bursts of activity I'd have dozed off again for sure. People often say I keep very active for someone with my various health problems but this is basically because a) if I don't do things myself they don't get done and b) my energy levels are so erratic...if I feel capable of doing something it's best to do it asap not assume another opportunity may come. Today even swype typing on my phone is painful and tiring. I've made a cuppa and a slice of toast and come back to bed and now I think I'm going to sacrifice the gentle breeze wafting through my window, batten down the noise hatches and have a little doze.

Firstly today I'm grateful for peanut butter. Spreadable protein in a jar...how good is that? And secondly for double glazing and ear plugs for muffling unwanted sounds.

1 comment:

  1. Angel, crunchy peanut butter on warm toast nothing better, unless you add pineapple or raspberry jam with some banana on the top! Noise from outside; I can drop off at a jazz concert often did, but its the brain refusing to close down keeps me awake, always running through the crap that hit the fan, and what I should have said in reply, not the nice letter that I actually sent. Have a professional musician living next door but one, never hear a sound, even when he has a housefull of instrument players who have walked by with instruments and a double bass they can hardly carry, plus sound equipment, and I live in the end of a terrace. Perhaps I should be grateful there is not a drummer amongst them! Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics