Wednesday 20 July 2011

Don't like to butt in

Been really struggling to find positive things to say today. Everything I thought of had a 'but' in it, or a 'but it's a shame that...' to follow. I realise that this is what happens when I'm setting my sights too high and not being mindful of and appreciative of the minutiae of the day or of happy memories because I want happy things to be happening now...

I put the TV on, and in my desperation to escape Deal or No Deal hit the next channel button and found Channel 5 News just starting. I hardly ever watch news on TV but I was knitting and wanted to carry on not fiddle around with the remote control so I watched and saw amongst other things that the surprise guest judge on an Australian edition of Masterchef was...the Dalai Lama!! How random is that?

He said as a Buddhist monk it was very difficult for him to make judgements but it did seem from his face as if some dishes appealed more to his taste buds than others and he was able to reach a decision. Catching this strange but true news item is my third recorded joy of the day!

1 comment:

Web Statistics