Wednesday 20 July 2011

I may be some time...

I am so tired this morning I can hardly think, let alone think of happy thoughts and type them! I didn't sleep well and had complicated action packed dreams...In one it was mid July but snowing quite heavily (perhaps I was cold in the night?) in another a mislaid gentleman friend had turned up to invite me out for dinner and we were choosing somewhere to go (hunger as I ate so little yesterday or simple wish fulfilment?)

The need for tea and toast has driven me from my bed and as I've a poor signal in my bedroom today I've stayed up to log into the internet so actually...yes! here's a grateful thought...I'm glad I've achieved those things. I'm also delighted to see I had more hits on here yesterday than ever before. Of course it could be the same person logging in over and over again to make me feel good but that's equally a thing to be grateful for as a very well meant deception, so no matter if so!

I don't tend to comment on comments but would just like to clarify that I was still on the other side of the road when the bus passed me, the driver negotiating a T-junction on a hill surrounded by double yellows and traffic so even if he had spotted me and realised I'd have liked a ride he couldn't have done anything about it...and I paid for a volunteer to bring me home. Nice enough woman but why do people assume my main interest in life is illness? There are plenty enough well people who like talking about that...go talk to each other and let me get on with living please!

My third gratitude is for having a really enjoyable novel calling me back to bed. (Yes, there are other versions of the last sentence that would be even better but this blog is not supposed to be about things I wish were different...that's for dreamtime ha ha!) Anyway, it's by Henning Mankell who wrote the Wallander novels so I expected a touch of Nordic Noir of which I'm rather fond, but it's set in Africa and has a lyrical slightly mystical quality that is also very much to my taste and for which the translater is also owed praise but I can't remember her name. I'll just go and check...I may be some time...

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling ok after the lack of sleep.
    I can see you will be atracting lots more members as time goes by... you are a very gifted writer and a very interesting person too. I know i really look forward to seeing what you have been doing and your thoughts of the day.
    I wish i lived nearer because i would love to come and pick you up and take you out and about while i can drive, love Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Angel, when you went from the computer to check the translators name, did you succumb to crawling back between the sheets and continue reading your novel? I hope so, because reading in bed when your warm and comfortable is a sole restorative, I often have a dressing gown and back in bed day, the need to eat and feed the animals the only thing that gets me out. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics