Sunday 10 July 2011

Second post

You see what I did there? I used up all my happiness counting before lunch time...and there was nothing left for the rest of the day!

Some people have expressed surprise that I've been writing posts more than once every day, and I've tried to explain it like this: It works best for me if I record the things that make me feel good as soon as possible after they happen. If you wait too long the happiness kind of evaporates and by evening the sense of celebration, unless very intense, can't be recaptured but just written like an exercise. I also said that must be why people drink in the evening...to wet their happiness...but that's just my rather odd sense of humour!

Today I think the reverse happened and I crammed lots of little delights in too quickly and didn't savour each one. Then my mood sunk low which it can do for so many really quite valid reasons and by the time I started writing this I was looking back on this afternoon and the evening so far and I couldn't see any glimmers of things to be grateful for at all. But then I remembered some of the hold-your-breath overtaking in the Grand Prix, and the taste of the crumble I made for my tea, and having a little real time text chat with Clive and a couple of messages from other people, and the brightness that finally appeared at sunset around the edge of the cloud that's been hanging overhead all day (meteorologically not metaphorically)...and realised it wasn't all so very bad.

If identifying the good bits was always easy there'd be no need to would there?

1 comment:

  1. Glad your day ended well, wishing you the best dreams, hope we are here tomorrow,love to you, Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics