Monday 25 July 2011

Mind(less) games

Some days it's hard to get a spring in my emotional step let alone my physical one! It is consummately pointless to miss people who were clearly not friends but emotions are not logical and for so many years I associated their company with fun times and closeness albeit illusary or one-sided.

And for times in my previous life when I was more alone than I wanted to be or dealing with difficult emotions there were playing my guitar, long hot baths or long hilly walks, sloughing off the doldrums by swimming or the primal pleasure of threading beads...I miss them too!

Days like these I'm glad for thought numbing games on my laptop or phone - a temporary labotomy. I'm grateful for the Tesco delivery service - good things to eat brought up all those stairs and right into my flat and usually by someone with a cheery word or two. And I'm grateful for sunny hot weather, all the tourists will be so pleased and all the tradespeople who feed their needs...

3 comments:

  1. Glad you have had good weather today and hope the week carries on the same way.
    I am hoping to get back down the seaside tomorrow and i am going shell hunting, i want to make a shell mirror for my bathroom i have an old large mirror and will be sticking them on that.
    I now do not give a secong thought to people who dont care one bit about me,they are not worth my time.
    I hope you come to see that you are too good a person to worry about these horrible usless excuses for friends, they will find out one day how it feels, i believe what goes around comes around.
    I am good at forgetting the people who do not deserve my friendship.
    Looking forward to seeing a bit more of the tree.
    I dont know if you have trouble sleeping but at night i have talksport radio on all night from 10pm till 6am and they have phone in talk programs, they are a great way of drifting off to sleep and you could always ring in too, i havent and dont think i ever will.... a regular lady calls in who is terminally ill with cancer and she is alone and tells how she gets by.
    Love as always to you, Debbie.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel,
    If thought numbing games are your cup of tea at the moment, pop over to fb and join me with Melody Mahjong, i'm trying to catch Carole ( and failing miserably I might add ) i'm sure you'll over take me in no time, :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. sorry forgot to sign off as Lynn. It only lets me post under anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics