Saturday 30 July 2011

Blue room



So, yes, thirdly I give thanks for my soothing blue smooth away the blues bathroom. Even though I can't wallow in my deliciously deep bath any more any bathroom activity is enhanced by this lovely room...to say nothing of the property value!.


Lots of curvy shapes...very sensuous! And a high ceiling so that altho still a very small room with no window it feels very spacious and light. I'll have to take a pic of my shell mirror again. I had some on a phone I lost but couldn't find any in my laptop files just now...



Fourthly I'm grateful for some 'classic' afternoon TV...compellingly cringeworthy Tots and Tiaras and a laugh out loud funny episode of Come Dine With Me.

And finally for catching sight through my bedroom window of a tanker lining up to manouvre into the harbour so that I could get my binoculars and get settled in time for the pilot boat to go out and meet it to guide it through through the chicanes of sandbanks each side of the narrow navigable channel. I can only see the first stages of this from my flat of course but it's still a treat for weirdos like me! Being on the shore when they come in and out is awesome. They pass so close to the picnicers and fishermen and people in tiny boats. If I'm down there near high tide I often look to see if there's one on the way and loiter, and I'm not alone. And if one gets stuck, as does happen once in a while, quite a large crowd turns out to watch at the next high tide when they get the tugs to push and pull to release her. It's only a small town...we must get out kicks where we can ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, the bathroom is a lovely Blue, you live at the sea side and i think blue is the best colour as well as white of course.
    I am looking forward to seeing the shell mirror.
    Hope you have a good night tonight, love Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics