Sunday 24 July 2011

Round about here

I'm not entirely sure where today has gone, yet not disappointed that it has not dragged as Sundays can do. My mother took an overdose one Saturday night when I was a young girl and I always think the prospect of a glum Sunday to come might have pushed her over the edge so to speak. That and the prospect of life with just me after my father had died maybe. Who knows? Depression and despair are dark places and I can empathise with the feeling one cannot carry on, I can forgive that it over-rid any concerns about whether it was right to do it knowing I'd be the one to find her in the morning...and orphaned at fourteen had she 'succeeded'...but I cannot quite forget.

Anyway...back on the bright side, sorry about that folks... I would like to express gratitude for the delightfully boyish delight of Lewis Hamilton when he won the Grand Prix this afternoon, for rhubarb Activia yoghurt in my fridge and for finding filo pastry on the Tesco on line grocery shelves at last so that I can make spinach and filo pie next week. I'm almost as excited as Lewis! I'm grateful that I finally got my clean bedlinen and pajamas ironed and that I've knitted a few more inches of the last longish stripy strip of the Oxfam blanket. Not far off half way now with that piece then there's three or four stripy middle squares to do which are mostly easy and the second half of the moss stitch edging strip. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished now and having it finished and getting on with some other projects I have on the go.

Now I'm off for a quick tidy up before I watch The Lovely Bones. I can't remember the book much now but that's not necessarily a bad thing when you're about to see a film adaptation!

1 comment:

  1. You have been through a lot i can see that now.... and i can imagine that there is a lot more that you haven.t written about.
    My husband had a childhood that could have been taken from a horror book really and that is why i am so glad we met and i helped him recover a lot from those bad memories, of course not all can be forgotten but he has carried on.
    My own mother suffered from mental illness and i really dont think they should be allowed to bring up children, it would be better to have been adopted.
    I watched the film too it was so sad...
    You are a gifted writer and i can see that you are so creative in lots of ways.
    I am glad i met you on the cancer chat website because i really look forward to catching up with you through out the day.
    So thank you, you are needed and wanted and looked up to and appreciated and i think you have inspired me in lots of ways in this short time.
    Thinking of you, love Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics