Tuesday 5 July 2011

Walk talk

My third happiness of the day is that my cooker now fits properly between the kitchen worktop ends instead of being wedged in with not a crumb's worth between a cut and trimmed side and an uncut one that every man I knew had done the head shaking/sharp intake of breath thing about. Thank you Alan! It looks so different...like a real kitchen! And no, I'm not putting a pic on here because I what I think is wonderful and 'done' is probably still like the 'before' pictures in some peoples' homes. Trust me...unless you've seen the before pictures from here you've really not seen horror!

I had a late acupuncture session to accommodate the oncologist's call and managed to walk down and back... the first time I've managed both ways for a while. I didn't take any especially scenic routes just the normal one that takes in a few metres of seafront. The early evening sun strikes the rocks and headlands at an angle that really accentuates their shapes and they look even more beautiful than in the day. It was warm and I thought how lovely it would be to be going out for the evening for a spot of something to eat perhaps or just to linger with someone enjoying the view. Send your request to the cosmos I thought tell them you want to eat out... and as I neared my flat some people leafletting for one of the local Indian restuarants handed me a menu. The cosmos really needs its ears syringed sometimes! But I give thanks for the fourth time for living in such a lovely place and having the opportunity to see it at such a lovely time of day!

And fifthly I give thanks for having someone to listen to me moan in real life once a week and stick needles in me to try to make it better. Thank you Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I wouls love to see the pictures.. i like homemade, my lovely husband has humoured me and made lots of things for me around the house, which i treasure.
    I have my daughter to tell me where she is eating out and tonight she is in london with her boyfriend eating out at places i could only dream of...
    She is living a life of a princess since meeting her boyfriend at uni 4 years ago and i love to hear her travel tales and places she sees.
    Last week Marbella and 3 weeks time Paris.
    Feel a bit bad as when she passed her degree we took her out for a meal.... her boyfriends dad brought him a lamborghini, how the other half live....
    Love to you and hope you get some pain relief soon, I feel like sending you some of mine.!!!!!Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics