Friday 29 July 2011

Whatever floats your boat

The sounds of the town carnival are wafting up the hill again. It's the procession tonight but there's been stuff going on all week...loud crowded stuff, great if you're in the mood but I've not been. I'm looking forward to the water carnival in our alter ego community across the water tho. They have boats as floats and do a circuit round the harbour. Brilliant! I've never come across anything quite like it.

I went for a Reiki healing earlier. Some months back I got a 2 for 1 treatment voucher for a local therapist and thought I'd share it with Laura...She had a massage but the lady was worried she might 'spread the cancer round my body', and I might sue, if I had reflexology which was what I really wanted or any other hands-on treatment. I tried explaining that a) these therapies are regularly offered at cancer centres (I've had them in two places myself) and b) if my condition worsened, even if I did blame her I'd be in no fit state to get involved in lengthy legal proceedings anyway, but she was adamant. So I went for Reiki in two minds as to whether someone with such a negative attitude would do it well...but she was very good. Laura enjoyed her massage too and took me for a cup of tea and a biscuit in her garden afterwards. Tea made for me! Sitting in a garden! Extra therapeutic treatment ha ha!

So a pleasant afternoon is my third gratitude for the day...and my fourth is oven chips! I buy the sort that are just potatoes with their skins on and a little bit sunflower oil. Very nice! Lastly I'm grateful for the look of the new Sky series about Brixham. The accompanying narration is awful...especially the snatches of really bad poetry read in a really exaggerated 'poetry voice' implying deep meaning and or eloquence I guess...when there really is none there!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there Angel, it cannot be my keyboard because its behaving it's self on your blog, must be the mods making whoopee with the system!
    Sorry that the intentions of a few persons hell bent on making money out of 'Litigation' for the hell of it, have spoilt your 2 for 1 therapy hope, as you say, the therapist was a bit OTT. but you seemed to have enjoyed the Reiki. Went for a baked potatoe last night with lashings of Philadelphia, tomatoes and a side salad. Feeling tired today, have been to work in the charities main shop and the car is more than due for a clean, so its out with the bucket, brush and a hose!
    Had a sacking appeal hearing back in March, the union rep had definitely been vacinated with a monotone gramophone record, bit like your poetry reader, without conviction and showing her lack of appreciation of the written word, except as just a word sound, if that makes any sense! Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics