Tuesday 19 July 2011

Home time

I don't miss much about employment to be honest (self employment was much nicer!) but I'd forgotten how wonderful it felt to get home after a day somewhere you don't want to be. To be fair I wasn't there the whole day but the experience took chunks out of two.

My third thanks of the day goes to Rachel for a high speed and very effective 'stabbing' but the double decker bus I hoped to catch was just pulling away from the stop as I arrived at the other side of the road. Madly I decided to see if I could beat it up the hill to the next stop. Pedestrians don't have to go round the one way system so not quite as insane as it sounds but it overtook me half way up so I had to wait for the next one, a single decker and crowded so less appealing. However this is where my fourth gratitude comes in as I got the chance to give my new Sony 'Walkman' mp3 player a proper run through its paces and very pleased I am too!

I managed to create a relatively pleasant time out of my appointment including getting a bit of a communal banter going in one of the waiting areas, and had a lovely chat with the radiologist. She was short of an assistant that day so to save time was letting her patients be scanned with their clothing merely adjusted rather than removed which made for a far more pleasant and relaxing experience. When I was finished she asked where in the hospital I worked which was a bit random (talking intelligently about medical matters maybe?) but I also bumped into a couple of 'old friends' who I've come to know a little in other departments and so I've had three hugs today. Wow! I think that might be a record for me and thus my fifth gratitude of the day. Oxytocin levels much improved ha ha!

3 comments:

  1. Aw Angel,
    May I pleased add one more hug from me? I'm glad your day proved better than expected, rest up now, expect you are kn.....ed!!
    Love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel,you get out and about, sapping your precious energy, I sit here so fascinated by your words and humour, that time passes and I achieve very little for a couple of hours or so.
    Your writing transports me somewhere sunny even when its raining.
    Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, hope you are feeling ok, 8 Mambers........ sounds nicer than followers.
    What a B..... not stopping for you i hate it when that happens.
    A couple of weeks ago i witnessed this happening to a young teenager it was on a quite country road and i knew the wait would be an hour at least... turned out it was 2 hours till the next one.
    Well i know it is not always safe to offer a lift but i couldnt stand the thought of him running really fast and the driver pulling off on purpose so i stopped and offered him a lift he was a bit scared as my husband was complaining that we cant just pick up teeagers like this very loudly in the front seat but i said i am not amurderer and dont ever do this again.. jump in and i will drop you off which he did and i am glad to have helped him i thought how i would have felt had it been one of my sons.
    Well things are looking up for you in the friends dept. Goodnight sweet dreams, Love Deb.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics