Thursday 28 July 2011

Smelling of roses

As predicted the sun came through the clouds just when I wanted it to ie. just after I'd finish my trek to and around the library and to an office I also needed to go to further up the hill behind it. Then I was able to do a little slomo trip to the seafront to enjoy an ice cream and a cup of tea on a seat away from the busiest and noisiest part of the melee. Hazy and cooler again now so quite content to be stuck to the sofa again...

My third thanks for the day is for the rather nice herbaceous border below our biggest supermarket opposite a older terrace there. You can park your car in front of sunflowers and hollyhocks peeping over the fence while you get your groceries, or if you're not driving you can walk past a colourful mixed display including rose bushes luxurious bloom. I rarely get close enough to a growing rose to smell it...so being able to dip my nose into the velvety petals was a wonderful treat! It inspired me to buy a couple of bunches of very un-floristy flowers from a great little independent greengrocer's in the town and a new vase to put them in as they were the wrong shape for my little or big ones and now I have a medium size one as well.

My fourth gratitude is for seeing Exmoor ponies and dancing deer and a real black adder (I'd not realised they actually existed!) and crickets and slow worms and toads! All these on a nature programme of course but it's lovely to see British wildlife anyhow...

And finally I'm grateful for feeling a little better than I did yesterday and a lot better than the wee small hours of this morning. Still can't summon up much of an appetite but as woman cannot live on ice cream alone I'm going to see if I can make some quick, easy and tasty food and eat it!

3 comments:

  1. pleased your feeling better today, sorry this posts a bit late in the day now, and I hope you found something tasty for tea, I myself am now off for some of Tescos Finest Colombiun Coffee flavoured ice cream, i'm addicted to the stuff right now, goodnight for now,
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, so good to see that you are getting out and about a lot lately, i hope you carry on for a long long time.
    Hows the tree going?
    Well i am off to bed now i hope tonight is a better one for you. Love Deb.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No flowers near any supermarkets I visit and thats a shame. The only flowers about are hanging in baskets high above our heads or in the middle of a roundabout, but then I pass cornish hedges with an array of wildflowers when in season. My recent trip to Exeter on the dual/triple carriage ways was highlighted by the vision of massed pink 'rosebaywillowherb' a delight to the eye on a journey otherwise boring. I have climbing roses in my back garden, a pink one, smells delightful and a red with no smell at all, a 'should have been pretty' yellow double hollyhock now over 7ft tall with hardly a leaf intact all being given hell by some disease(looks b****y awful), and the hanging baskets are begining to go past their best. Everything in life I suppose has its ultimate height of achievement and then fades OOOooo... Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics